February 8, 2012

Technobaby

Alexa loves technology. Most babies do. Remote controls, phones, BlackBerries, PlayBooks, computers, television, PlayStation. Anything with buttons, really. They all fascinate her. We try to keep most of these things away from her little hands, but we're not always successful. The other day I didn't realize she had the remote until the television volume skyrocketed to 70 (we normally keep it between 10 and 20, depending on the level of ambient noise). I was nearly blasted right out of the house before I wrested control away from her.

Most of Alexa's displays of temper are a result of us taking some piece of electronics out of her hands. And often, she'll ask to come up and cuddle with one of us, only to climb over us in her quest to reach a phone on the back of the couch or a remote on the arm of the chair.

The other day, I was trying to take her picture, and she climbed over me to where Jevon's BlackBerry was sitting on the back of the couch. The Berry was off, so I gave up and took pictures of her "talking" on it instead of the planned pictures of her walking.










No comments: