I must admit that I'm having a very hard time keeping up the blog these days. The sun calls and I just can't stay in front of my computer. We've been visiting friends, going for walks, and heading to the pool as much as we can lately.
Added to the lovely weather is the fact that Alexa has been teething again and her sleep schedule has been off. She's been napping less and she's been waking up more at night, so I tend to either power through as much housework as I can during her naps or I try to get some rest myself. Yesterday, she had a really wakeful day and was SUPER clingy to me all day, but she then made up for it by sleeping for 11 hours last night. I thanked her when she woke up!
We've been in Huntsville a few more times lately with all of the cousins, and also had Auntie Lisa, Uncle Charles and cousins Hazel, Eden and Simon over this week. I think my blog posts will continue to be spotty for a few weeks yet, given the amount I'll be out of the house and visiting with friends.
A few weeks ago, we had a very important milestone for Alexa. She met her great-Oma (Jevon's maternal grandmother). Oma is in a nursing home and has Alzheimer's, but she loves babies and she did seem to perk up when she saw Alexa. I'm not sure how much she really takes in any more, but I think it meant a lot to Jevon to have her meet Alexa, even if she doesn't really understand that Alexa is her great-granddaughter.
Alexa only has two surviving great-grandparents, and both are Jevon's grandmothers. We feel that it is important for her to meet them.
We got some pictures at the nursing home. Alexa and Oma were interested with each other. We had to hold Alexa's hands so that she didn't grab Oma's face or hair. She's been quite interested in grabbing and pulling hair lately.
Four generations:
Oma and Alexa, looking at each other:
Holding Alexa's grabby little hands so she didn't pull Oma's hair or skin.
Our little family with Oma.
1 comment:
WE WANT MORE BLOG!!!!!!! mpre pics of those fantastic cheeks, those gorgeous blue eyes, the toothy grin, that fuzz that her Daddy calls hair....
love em and boys.
Post a Comment